Iowa Moving Companies
Moving from Iowa to Just About Anywhere
Did you know that Iowa is the only state with east and west borders formed by water? This means that when moving from the Hawkeye State, you’ll likely have to cross over the Mississippi or Missouri rivers. And even if you don’t, you’re probably in for a long drive to a new state. But that drive doesn’t have to be daunting. Instead of traveling in a big, bulky rental truck, use U-Pack® to make moving easier. See how it works here.
With service centers in Iowa, along with all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico, we can help you move almost anywhere. Get a free moving quote to compare rates, check service to your addresses and explore options.
Interesting Things to Know about Iowa
- If you like corn, you'll love Iowa. About one-fifth of the country's corn comes from Iowa's fertile farmlands. When traveling through the state, see how long you can drive without passing a cornfield.
- Actor John Wayne was born in Winterset, IA on May 26, 1907.
- A full 90 percent of Iowa's land is devoted to farming. In some more rural areas, you might get stuck driving behind a slow-moving piece of farm equipment.
- Iowa has the highest literacy rate in the U.S. More than 99 percent of Iowa's citizens can read!
- Iowa gets more tornadoes than any other state. While you may be leaving Tornado Alley behind, make sure to learn about which types of natural disasters typically take place in your new home state.
- "Iowa" is the only state name that begins with two vowels.
- The most popular move in the state is from Des Moines, IA to Minneapolis, MN. We see the most people going from that origin and destination than any other.